Groton is a community where everyone feels welcome and included, and has opportunity to live, work and play in a safe healthy environment.
Our mission is to build up Groton as a happy, healthy, more connected community. We do this by offering affordable, inclusive recreational programming; working with community partners to promote events and bring services to communities of socioeconomic need; and building and maintaining a thriving system of accessible parks, trails and recreational facilities.
Groton Parks and Recreation recognizes the value of including all people as a means of strengthening our community.
- makes all programs, services and activities equally available to children and adults with disabilities.
- makes special efforts to be welcoming to all citizens.
- supports efforts to affirm the dignity of all participants.
- strives to enhance each individual’s potential for full and active participation.
- provides specialized programs specifically designed for children and adults who need more assistance.
PillarsEconomic Development - We bring money into the community by offering recreational programming, park traffic and special events that serve Groton residents and draw visitors.
Conservation- We act as a steward of Groton’s parks, trails and public beaches – conserving natural resources by using best practices to manage open spaces and coastal shorelines.
Social Equity- We work with local partners to engage in outreach, offer services to fill essential community needs, and grow a financial aid program that increases access to programming.
Health and Wellness - We foster health and wellbeing by offering accessible recreation programming, affordable essential services and resources that support active lifestyles.