The Groton Senior Citizens Club "55" is open to all Groton residents 55 years and older. The club sponsors events at the senior center, raises money for community service projects, intergenerational programs and programs for seniors. Club dues are $5.00 per year per person and give club members an advantage of a discounted price at Club 55 social events.
Please join us in "Helping Seniors and the Community"! Visit our webpage at grotonclub55.com or email us at email@example.com.
During the past year the Groton Senior Citizens Club has given or donated the following:
- 2- $500 Scholarship awards + Coleen Post award + Dean Award
- 1 new treadmill
- repair of 2 other treadmills
- $2,000 for fuel assistance
- $250 for Thanksgiving turkeys
- $250 for Christmas turkeys
- $300 for Christmas presents for Children
- 1 new hairdresser chair
- An automatic defibrillator for annex building
- $500 for repairs of Jabez Smith house
- $500 for Grasso Tech (BioScience-envirement program)
- We have sent 65 boxes of clothing to Landsthul Regional Medical Center For Wounded Soldiers
- You get discounts on certain club functions
- You can volunteer or just attend
- At the Christmas dinner you get $5.00 off the price.
- Above all that you get to be a member of one the best organizations in Groton!
Be proud to be a senior - It took years to get here!