National Night Out
Download the National Night Out Map
This year the Groton Town Police Department, along with Groton Parks and Recreation, is hosting its annual National Night Out, “America’s Night Out Against Crime”. The date for this year’s event is Tuesday, August 3, 2021 at Poquonnock Plains Park, located at 150 Fort Hill Road in Groton. The event will begin at 5:00 pm and end at 8:00 pm.
The purpose of National Night Out is to promote police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods a safer and more caring place to live. The event also facilitates the following:
- Promotes emergency and disaster preparedness
- Heightens crime and drug prevention awareness
- Generates support for, and participation in local anti-crime programs
- Strengthens neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships
- Sends a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
This event is completely free to the Groton Community and is a family-friendly event.
Interested in becoming a Community Partner and supporting the event? Check out National Night Out sponsorship opportunities and participate as a Community Partner today!