Mental Health & Addiction Services
- Community Speaks Out (Addiction Services) 860-823-8771 or 860-271-1835
- Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services 1-800-662-4357
- Southeastern Mental Health Authority 860-859-4500 or 860-886-9312
- Southeastern Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence 860-447-1717
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration 1-800-563-4086 (Addiction Treatment)
Drug and Alcohol Awareness Resources
Assistance to Seniors
Health care/insurance matters, assisted living/congregate/skilled care options, resources concerning elderly abuse and neglect, transportation programs and other matters of concern to senior citizens and their families.
Municipal Agent for the Elderly
The Director of Human Services is the designated Municipal Agent for the Elderly for the Town of Groton. In accordance with State Statute, each of CT’s 169 Towns has a person appointed by the municipality as Municipal Agent for the Elderly. The Municipal Agent is a point person who can assist senior citizens or their family members, relatives or designated agents in finding appropriate resources in the community including housing, legal aid, food, utility and fuel assistance, protective services and special programs available to seniors. At Groton Human Services, the department’s Social Workers are available to discuss any concerns impacting seniors in our community. Please call 860-441-6760.
Home Health Care in New London County
Home Health Care can be categorized as either non-medical (home care) or Medicare certified (home health). Non-medical home care includes personal care and help with everyday activities, while Medicare certified home health care ranges from skilled nursing to physical / occupational therapy. Below is a list of in home care resources. This is not a referral or recommendation by the Town of Groton to any particular agency/service.
- Almost Family (860) 447-3926
- Care at Home,LLC (860) 333-6025
- Comfort Keeper Home Care (203) 295-7019
- Companions & Home Helpers, LLC (860) 442-7672
- Guardian Angels Homecare (203) 439-7731
- Hartford HealthCare Independence at Home (860) 848-5699
- Home Care services of CT (860) 395-9595
- Homelife Companions & Homemakers, LLC (860) 405-5943
- Interim Healthcare of Eastern Connecticut (860) 889-3388
- Seniors Helping Seniors (860) 536-4767
- Utopia Home Care, Inc (860) 443-7222
- Visiting Angels (860) 446-2273
- Visiting Nurses Association (860) 444-1111
Emergency Assistance with rent/mortgage payments to qualified Groton residents, assistance with housing search, liaison between landlords and tenants, guidance for renters and homeowners regarding court-ordered evictions, foreclosures, and condemnations.