Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays 8:00am – 4:00pm (Call 860-448-4083 for info on holiday closures)
CLOSED on Saturday, January 1, 2022 for New Year's Day
Annual Transfer Station Permit Sales FYE22
New Pricing Structure
New Permits will be effective from September 1st, 2021 through August 31st, 2022 for Groton Residents.
- Annual Permit: $100
- Annual Permit (65 and older at time of purchase): $75
- Annual Permit Active & Retired Military & Dependents (cannot be combined with 65+ discount): $90
- Purchased after March 1, 2022: 50% off
Permits are issued through the Public Works Office at the Annex, 134 Groton Long Point Road.
NOTE: The one-time cost of a standard Day Pass ($20) can be credited toward an annual permit if bought within 30 days.
No Contact Distribution Services – starts NOW
- Via mail: Send a copy of the current vehicle registration along with the check, including phone number, can be mailed to Transfer Station Permit Sales, Town of Groton Public Works Department, 134 Groton Long Point Road, Groton, CT 06340. (Please include proof of age or military status as appropriate.)
- Via Drop off at the Annex: In the box in the Vestibule, drop a copy of the current vehicle registration along with the check plus a phone number. (Please include proof of age or military status as appropriate.)
Town Staff will mail your permit.
- In person: At the Annex, starting Wednesday, August 25th from 8:30 to 4 pm. Bring a copy of your current registration and cash or check. (Please include proof of age or military status as appropriate.)
In the Annex you are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Transfer Station Map